Thursday, January 19, 2017

November Mountain Trips

In early November we took a day trip up to West Jefferson, NC. It's one of our favorite places in the mountains and we had a great time going to some shops and to Mt. Jefferson. Here are the pictures from our day trip:


Every fall we try to take a weekend trip to the NC mountains and this year we went someplace we hadn't been before - Hot Springs, NC. It's about an hour outside of Asheville and is known for a hot springs natural spa. We found a great cabin to rent right outside the downtown area of Hot Springs and booked a soak in the hot springs spa. The town is pretty small and overall I wasn't super impressed. Most of the people we encountered seemed pretty redneck and EVERYONE smoked. The actual soak in the hot springs was nice, but the staff were all very young and didn't really explain things very well to us especially since we had never been before. While it wasn't a bad trip, I don't think I'd go back there. But, the cabin we rented was GREAT! It was basically a tiny house and had a fantastic view of the French Broad river. I wish I could pick that cabin up and put it in West Jefferson! Overall, I'm glad we went, but I wasn't super impressed with the town of Hot Springs, NC. Here are our pictures from that trip:


No comments: