Thursday, March 05, 2015

February Snow/Ice Days

Last year we had a record almost week-long snow storm, which I was hoping would get repeated this year too!  We have had a few ice and snow days where I got a few unexpected days off work, so I'm not complaining too much.  Here are some pictures from the ice and snow days in February:


We had an ice storm that I actually had more time off work than when it actually snowed. The full day I had off work there were SO many birds at our feeders ALL day - after I chipped all the ice off the feeders that is! Here are the ice storm pictures:



Our first actual snow was a surprise to me. I woke up to snow falling and sticking, but it didn't last long and mostly melted by the end of the day. But thanks to that unexpected snow I saw the reason my bird feeders were emptying so quickly - raccoon tracks on the deck! Now I bring the bird feeders in at night. I love the wildlife at our house, but raccoons on the deck is a little too much for me! Here are a few pictures from that unexpected snow:



We got more snow the same week as the unexpected snow. The weather was calling for 6-10" which would have been great, but we only got about 2-3" at our house and it was so warm that it was mostly slush by the afternoon. Here are some pictures from the actual snow day:

No comments: