Tuesday, February 04, 2014

January 29, 2014 Snow Day

I was wondering if we were EVER going to get any snow this winter.  We've had plenty of super cold days with the highs only in the 20's and even had a few nights of record low temperatures of 8 degrees!  But, no snow until January 28.  I was supposed to work until 8pm that night and they were calling for snow starting in the afternoon.  The library preemptively closed at 4pm and right as we closed it started to snow.  I had no problem getting home since it wasn't sticking to the roads yet, but apparently between 5-10pm there were 500 accidents in the Charlotte area!  Thankfully the next day the libraries were closed and it was so nice to get a snow day even though we didn't get much snow.  Here are a few pictures from our snow day:




My Mom sent me this picture of a snowman at my grandmother's house. They mostly got ice so they had to "cheat" with a stuffed snowman decoration!

No comments: