Thursday, January 02, 2014

Miscellaneous Christmas Stuff

I found out that Ree Drummond, aka "the Pioneer Woman," was going to be doing a book signing at the Books A Million near me.  I'm a fan of hers, so I decided to go.  I've been to book signings before, but never for anyone as well known as her, so I didn't know what to expect.  BAM started selling the book and tickets the week before.  Thankfully Chad was able to get my book the day they started selling them so I was ticket # 17.  The actual book signing was pretty crazy and there were a LOT of people there, but because of my ticket number I was at the beginning of the line.  I thought the BAM staff were very nice, but the line wasn't very well controlled.  Ree seemed very nice and I was able to get a picture with her too.  Since I was at the beginning of the line we were done by 6:20 or so (it started at 6:00), but a friend of mine was like number 240 and she was there until 9:30 before she got her book signed - I was SO thankful Chad got me an early ticket number!


Me with Ree Drummond "the Pioneer Woman."


My two signed books.


A pretty sunset view from our deck.

One of the best Christmas gifts I got this year was getting to see the closest thing to an Athenaeum reunion show!  Mark Kano and Mike Garrigan played at Amos' Southend with a full band - just not the original Athenaeum band.  But it was an AWESOME 2 hour show!  They are so incredibly talented and the concert was on Dec. 20, so only a few days before Christmas.  Plus, we got there a little early and were able to snag a table upstairs so we didn't have to stand the whole time.  Here are some pictures from the Athenaeum reunion show:




No comments: