Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Jessica's Birthday Weekend

My birthday is in September and because I had already taken a few days off work around my birthday we decided to rent a cabin in West Jefferson, NC for the weekend.  We have really come to love West Jefferson - it's a small town, but there are still enough shops and restaurants to keep you busy staying there.  It's also home to one of my favorite places - Ashe Co. Cheese!  And it's pretty close to Boone and Blowing Rock too.  The cabin we rented this time was VERY close to downtown West Jefferson, so that was even better.  We had a great time relaxing and the weather was great - very cool and crisp.  It did rain a little, but not the whole weekend.  Here are our pictures from my birthday weekend in West Jefferson:


Pictures of the cabin we rented.


Hiking in Mount Jefferson State Park.


Various pictures from the trip.


My birthday cake that we enjoyed when we got home. We also ate at Cheesecake Factory before our trip and Nothing But Noodles on my actual birthday - two of my favorite restaurants. It was a great birthday weekend!

No comments: