Friday, April 26, 2013

Wicked the Musical




Chad got me tickets to see the musical Wicked for Christmas this year.  We got to go in March and it was definitely worth seeing!  I read the book probably 7 or 8 years ago and I remembered really liking it and since it had been so long since I read it I decided to read it again before we saw the musical.  But, I could barely force myself to get through it the second time.  After I finally finished it I thought, "why did I like this book again?"  But, I knew the musical was only loosely based on the book and that's a good thing because the book is very dark and violent with a LOT of political intrigue and details.  And after re-reading the book and seeing the musical soon after I can definitely say it is very, very loosely based on the book.  There were a few aspects that were wildly different in the musical than the book that I didn't like.  But, overall the musical was good and the actors did a phenomenal job.  Chad & I both very much enjoyed it and it gave us a reason to dress up too!  Here are some pictures of us getting ready to go see Wicked:



No comments: