Friday, November 26, 2010

Vultures

For some reason our neighborhood is a hang out for a lot of vultures.  But, recently I was walking and saw the most I've seen in a long time, so when I finished my first loop I went back home to get my camera.  While I was taking some pictures I noticed that a house across the street from our neighborhood had quite a few vultures on the house and in the yard.  Before I could get a picture of them on that house a police car pulled up and turned on the siren scaring them all away.  Then the police officer got out and I heard him tell the home owner that "...they're all gone from your yard now.", so I guess the person that lives in that house called the police about the vultures!  I know people think they are creepy, but they like to hang out in big flocks and it's not like they will attack someone.  I just thought it was crazy that that person called the police about vultures in their yard!  Here are some of the pictures I got that day:

This is the power line tower closest to the front of our neighborhood.


A close up of a few vultures.


This is when they were flying away across the street.


The power line tower in the back of our neighborhood.

No comments: