Monday, July 12, 2010

Another library reassignment

Back in April I was reassigned to the Freedom Regional branch, which I was NOT happy about.  But, I knew things would change again at the beginning of the next fiscal year in July.  Thankfully at Freedom I had two great co-workers - Kate and Brittani - who made my 3 months there much, much better.  At the end of June I got another call that I was being reassigned to the University City branch.  University was my second choice all along, so I was MUCH happier with this reassignment.  I would still love to go back to Mint Hill some day, but I like University so far.  It's close to home for me and I know a few of the staff already, so I think it will be a good fit for me.  Also, about 7 years ago my Mom worked at University, so now we'll have both worked here.  PLCMC still laid off over 60 people at the end of June, but that was much less than anticipated, so hopefully we'll be OK until the end of this fiscal year.  We closed 4 locations and reduced our hours again - now all libraries are only open 4 days a week.  But, it's better than closing half or more of the total branches and hopefully this will be the lowest point and it will only get better from here.  Either way I'm much happier now being at University!

No comments: