Monday, December 03, 2007

Eat Pray Love

I just finished reading "Eat Pray Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. Liz writes about her year long journey of self-discovery where she spent 4 months in Italy for "pleasure", 4 months in India at an ashram for "prayer" and 4 months in Indonesia to find "balance" between pleasure and spirituality. Overall the book was very interesting and extremely well-written. My favorite quote is when Liz is talking about when she was married and her husband wanted them to start a family and she just realized that she did not have the desire to have kids. Her sister, who had kids, told her "Having a baby is like getting a tattoo on your face. You really need to be certain it's what you want before you commit.(pg. 10)" So, I told Chad that that's what I'm going to tell people who ask me when/if we're going to have kids - I'm not at the "tattoo-on-your-face" committment level yet.

No comments: