Thursday, October 11, 2007

The best church ever!

This past weekend our church celebrated it's 15th anniversary. Chad and I have been going to Mecklenburg Community Church for the past 5 years. We absolutely LOVE it - it is the best church I have ever attended. I always tell everyone that this church is the best thing that has happened to me spiritually other than salvation. Our pastor, Jim White, is incredibly intellectual and has written a number of books, but is still very understandable and is probably one of the best speakers I have ever heard. He can effortlessly break down the most complicated theology so that anyone can understand. Chad serves on the worship team and the music is great too (very rock 'n roll - not hymnals)! Our church focuses on people who do not currently attend church, so a large percentage of our members have never attended church before - sadly this is not the case with many churches today. I always tell people (especially people who don't currently attend church) that Meck is NOT like what you might think of when you think of "church". I am so happy to attend such a great church where I can honestly say I really look forward to attending each week and I have met some really great friends!

No comments: