Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Honeymoon's Over

I just finished reading this great book "The Honeymoon's Over" edited by Andrea Chapin and Sally Wofford-Girand. The reason I even noticed this book was because of the great cover. I mean what says the honeymoon's over better than completely burnt toast?! The book is a compilation of stories about love, marriage and divorce. It's interesting to see people write about all the red flags they ignored in their now-ex or to see how hard other couples work to stay together. I think most people who have been married a few years and are happy know that marriage is awesome, but it is work. It isn't great by accident. My proudest accomplishment thus far is my marriage to Chad. We've been married for 7 years now and there have definitely been some "burnt toast" times, but we have worked really hard to make our marriage good. That's what I liked so much about this book was all the people who were willing to write about such a private thing like marriage. Maybe if more people talked about marriage and the work of it, rather than just all the wedding day hype more people would actually stay married. Anyway, this is a great book with an even better cover!

No comments: